Posted by Sarah Brown on 08 May '15
5 compelling reasons why the wheel of success runs faster when you commit to an ethical business
This week I was talking to a group of business people about how to create a successful 21st Century Business and I gathered some data to support the different issues that go to making a business balanced and successful over the long term.
- 75% businesses expect to collaborate more
- 91% global consumers are likely to switch brands to one that supports a good cause, given similar price and quality
- companies with a clear vision and values outperform similar ones by 700% (see Built to Last by Collins)
- 92% would buy a product with a social and/or environmental benefit if they could and more than 2/3rd have in the past 12 months
- innovation is the engine of economic growth and improved living standards. Over the last 50 years returns on research and development (R&D) have ranged from 20-75%